Frequently Asked Questions
What is Medici?
Medici is our mobile application that connects you directly with our veterinarians through secure text, call or video chat. Medici allows our doctors to care for your pet from anywhere – the couch, the office or even when you are away on vacation. We see Medici as a way to continue caring for your pet at times when you aren’t sure that an office visit is needed or a trip into the hospital is not possible.
How do I get the Medici app?
You can download the app for your iPhone or Android device here: Get Medici
How do I connect with my Doctor?
After you have downloaded the app, you may input our direct connect code. This code is only available to our current clients. Please call the office to receive the code for your pet’s primary physician.
When should I use Medici?
We aim to use Medici as another way to connect for patient care:
- Primary use of the app is for follow-up from previous illness or after surgery
- Consultations to determine if a visit to the hospital is warranted for a new problem
- Diabetic and other chronic disease management (depending on situation)
- After-hours consultations for minor problems and/or to determine if emergency care is needed
- Note: Our doctors are not on call 24 hours a day. If your pet is having a medical emergency please contact Metropolitan Veterinary Associates at 610-666-1050.
Is there a cost?
The cost of consult is $45. A credit card is required at account set up. If a trip to the hospital is warranted, your Medici consult payment will be deducted from your office visit fee.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with further questions. We are thrilled to offer our Telemedicine app to better serve our patients!